Subject: Re: RC1 and framebuffer
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/2007 15:01:23
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:44:44PM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder if it's related to anything, on the other hand Apple
> already used at least two totally incompatible microcontrollers for ADB
> ( and other stuff ) - a 3rd one wouldn't be much of a surprise.

You'll want to look at the developer note for the Q900.  The Q950 is
mostly just a faster Q900.

Actually...  Reviewing that briefly, the IOPs were used in the IIfx,
too.  The Q900 uses IOPs for floppy, ADB, and serial I/O (but with a
compatibility setting to make them act like the standard serial h/w).

So I was wrong about the IOP driving SCSI, but I see that the DAFB has
some control over SCSI, as in the Q700.

> Weird. Is there any documentation available?

As far as I know, just the Developer's Note.  And perhaps Linux sources.

> Not right now - too much on the plate and we're moving in the not too
> far future anyway. I'll ask you again when I'm back in TN ;)

Oh, OK.  I was just ducking through East TN on the way to & from family
over the weekend.  I can deliver one at some point, then...  :-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com