Subject: Re: Quadra 630
To: None <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/2007 13:17:44
At 23:44 Uhr +0000 31.8.2007, Andrew Ball wrote:
>  HF> 7) the Quadra PDS slot (68040, special connector)
>
>What kind of things were available for that slot?  Accelerators and
>graphics cards?

Accelerators, mostly, cache cards; the AWS95's SCSI card sits in the PDS.
I've never heard of a graphics card for the '040 PDS. Since the difference
between mainbus and Nubus bandwidth is highest on '040 machines, that's
quite surprising; but apparently, at the time onboard video was found to be
powerful enough?

The Quadra 840 AV does not have a '040 PDS, btw.

	hauke