Subject: Re: Framebuffer test kernel
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/2007 00:02:17
On Aug 31, 2007, at 10:22 PM, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 21:36 Uhr +0200 31.8.2007, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>> Aaaand, with the kernel I've just uploaded -- and some luck --, you
>> may even get proper colors.  (Or a hang, but let's hope not ;-)
>
> Greeeen! Like a peeceee!!!1!
>
> Anyway, great work.  :)

Glad to know :-)  Thanks!

> 1 bit, though, is still white on white here.

Hm, I get black on black until the console starts to scroll, at which
point it becomes red on black here.  Heh, and then the prompt line is
also black until you git return.

The card probably expects different values in the registers when set
to 1bpp; will have to investigate, but Linux doesn't seem to do
anything different (I bet they always use color?).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>