Subject: Re: Documentation for graphics cards
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Gheorghe Ardelean <ardelean@ww.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/2007 20:45:29
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:

> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > Well, I'd certainly welcome a full-features 68040 chip (or two) -- that
> > is, with a built-in FPU.  The ones I have are 68LC040 and they are slow
> > as molasses.  Plus some extra RAM for a Performa 475 (80 ns, 72 pin
> > SIMM) could be helpful too.  Anyone? :-)
>
> I definitely have some RAM of those specs, however the 475 only has a
> single slot and it will be hard to find anything larger than 16 MiB,
> giving you a total of only 20 MiB.  I know for a fact the largest I have
> is 16 MiB.

My Perfroma 475 is running with a 64MB 72pin FPM SIMM very happy. So a
total of 68MB is also ok. You just have to wait a little longer while
powering up. :) Some time one can find such memory modules on ebay,
for example. But my LC III (68030) does not accept this SIMMs. It only
accepts up to 32MB, IIRC.

Best regards,

Gheorghe Ardelean.