Subject: A fix for NetBSD 3.1 ssh / telnet / ftp problem on SE/30 with Asante MacCon NIC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Sungwon Chung <lucky.cimon@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/2007 07:12:21
Hi,

With an Asante MacCon 30si NIC in my SE/30,
outgoing ssh / telnet / ftp did not work. It resulted timeout error and
connection could not be established.

I thought the 'totlen' is slightly mis-calculated in ae_write_mbuf().
For example, when the len is exactly equal to
ETHER_PAD_LEN and 'wantbyte' is one, the 'len' is zero at line 176.
Then, 'totlen' does not change. I think it should be increased by one
because 'totlen' represents the number of bytes to be transmitted
through NIC. Does anyone think this make some sense ?

Here is my fix. (just commenting a single line)

diff /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/if_ae.c.orig
/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/if_ae.c
176c176
<     if (len > 0)
---
> /* if (len > 0) */

I tested this fix using my SE/30 and uploaded  the test kernel (3.1 GENERIC) at

        http://home.pusan.ac.kr/netbsd/netbsd-GENERIC-ae.gz

Best,
Sungwon