Subject: Re: how's 3.1? ( a work-around to SE/30 panic: no init )
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Sun Three <sun3vme@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/2006 15:57:13
I just had the same experience on a IIci... apparently traditional
install is DOA for 3.x... though it takes much longer, it is helpful
for those of us with limited disk. sysinst avoided these issues for
me... but I did see a number of others following install:

1. illegal instruction (protection fault) running vi was a showstopper
2. panic on reboot or halt prevents clean shutdown
3. rc.conf not being read correctly.
4. sn0 (Apple Ethernet NB) still does not seem to work.

I've had to get back to 2.1 to be functional again. Has anyone managed
to get around these, or get X working on 3.x?

Andrew