Subject: Re: NetBSD-4 softfloat
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/26/2006 16:10:10
Hello folks,

How are you doing in this beautiful and lovely season?

I've been busy with work and fixing my mail system more sucure
because my last posts were not delivered to this list and
Michael R. Zucca. I'm sorry.

Thanks a lot to Bruce O'Neel for covering it.
Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When running with build.sh I didn't have a mk.conf, rather,
> I just set MKSOFTFLOAT=YES in the environment first.
(snip)
  Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
  >> I have one more question.
  >> Is it required "MKSOFTFLOAT=yes" or anything for making packages?
  >> I forgot to set it before starting make, but it seems OK.

> For building packages you need to have -msoft-float passed to the
> C compiler.  Otherwise if the package does FP calculations it
> will use the FP instructions and things won't work right.

I understand. Thanks, again.
I'm still not clear about some points, I think "traial and error"
is a good way for me now. :)

Regards,
Kazu Inanaga