Subject: Re: favorite wm for the low end
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/14/2006 01:22:37
Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
> It was interesting to find out your screen. :)
> http://themes.freshmeat.net/browse/1102/
> It's so nice!  I like yours. Simple, stable, lightweight and
> easy to setup are important for me.

I am glad you like it!  If you get a change to try it at 8-bit (or less)
please let me know, and offer suggestions for improvement.

>> Here's the one from my Mystic CC, running Blackbox:
>>
>> xmodmap -e "keysym Delete = BackSpace Delete"
>>
>> xscreensaver &
>> sleep 5; aterm &

The intent of this line is to delay the start of the terminal until
after the wm starts and displays the background, so that the
transparency of the terminal correctly shows the background.  I am not
positive I am doing it correctly, though.

>> exec blackbox || exec xterm -fg red
>> #exec icewm-session || exec xterm -fg red
>> #exec wmaker || exec xterm -fg red
>> #exec startede || exec xterm -fg red
>> #exec startxfce4 || exec xterm -fg red
>>

> "INSTALL" included Latinum-0.9 and this are helpful.
> Blackbox runs on my Q800 now. Thanks a lot!
> Last 4 lines are your histry? ;)

Those are the commands for the other wms I've installed.  I just
commented them out rather than delete them.  So if I want to change, I
just delete one # and add another #.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea