Subject: Re: Nubus video cards
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/2006 00:16:43
Hi,

On 2006/12/12, at 22:37, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2006, at 1:21 AM, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
>> I found 2 of 10/100 Mb NuBus NIC, "Farallon Fast EtherTX" (Maybe,
>> I can't see Products Number on it.) and "AsanteFast".
>>
>> AsanteFast works with GENERIC kernel, but it's transfer speed is
>> same as Quadra. I have no info about 100 Mb driver for NetBSD.
>> This Farallon NIC has no driver FD, it doesn't work even on MacOS.
>> Unfortunately, Farallon's website has closed already. p
>
> Look at the ethernet chip. It may be a standard chip that already
> has a driver. If you look at the existing driver there might be an
> interesting value you can look for in the card's address space.
> Once you know the base address in the card's address space it may
> not be too hard to port the driver.

Thanks for your advice!
 >Look at the ethernet chip. It may be a standard chip that already
has a driver.

Main chip is "smsc FEAST(TM) FD LAN91C100FDQFP B9904-B467AIC
6H111735-6".
How can I look at the driver?  With "MacsBug" like Video ?
"Delving for Video Interrupt Information"
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html

Could you give me a suggestion?
    I'm not a new but still a novice, please. ;)

Regards,
Kazu Inanaga