Subject: Re: Nubus video cards
To: None <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2006 16:18:24
Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
>On 2006/12/12, at 22:37, Michael R. Zucca wrote:
>> On Dec 12, 2006, at 1:21 AM, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
>>> I found 2 of 10/100 Mb NuBus NIC, "Farallon Fast EtherTX" (Maybe,
>>> I can't see Products Number on it.) and "AsanteFast".
>>>
>>> AsanteFast works with GENERIC kernel, but it's transfer speed is
>>> same as Quadra. I have no info about 100 Mb driver for NetBSD.
>>> This Farallon NIC has no driver FD, it doesn't work even on MacOS.
>>> Unfortunately, Farallon's website has closed already. p
>>
>> Look at the ethernet chip. It may be a standard chip that already
>> has a driver. If you look at the existing driver there might be an
>> interesting value you can look for in the card's address space.
>> Once you know the base address in the card's address space it may
>> not be too hard to port the driver.
>>

>Thanks for your advice!

>>Look at the ethernet chip. It may be a standard chip that already
>>has a driver.

>Main chip is "smsc FEAST(TM) FD LAN91C100FDQFP B9904-B467AIC
>6H111735-6".

Ok, this is supported by the sm(4) driver. The NuBus attachment stub
for it is in sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/if_sm_nubus.c.

>How can I look at the driver?  With "MacsBug" like Video ?
>"Delving for Video Interrupt Information"
>http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html

You only need to follow the "Identifying your card" section on that page.

The difference between the two cards already supported by the NuBus sm(4)
driver is the offset of the EEPROM containing the Ethernet MAC address.

You could have a look for it using MacsBug.

Robert