Subject: Re: NetBSD-4 softfloat (was: Apache on Mac68k)
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2006 14:01:59
Hi,

The softfloat patches had two parts to them.

- make sure that gcc was called with -msoft-float.

- make sure that libc had a full software floating point
package which matched what gcc was expecting.

The second part was stolen from the arm port.

Therefore, if you have the softfloat build installed
-msoft-float will work just fine.  It works (well used to
work) just fine from build.sh on a non m68k system, so, it
probably still works.

If you don't have the softfloat build installed -msoft-float
will compile, but not link.

cheers

bruce

--