Subject: Re: NetBSD-4 softfloat (was: Apache on Mac68k)
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2006 21:12:55
Hi,

On 2006/12/12, at 1:08, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> I didn't like changing /etc/mk.conf so much, so I just did
>
> env MKSOFTFLOAT=yes build.sh blah blah blah
>
> It is required for all of the building.

I see. Thanks a lot!

> You need to make sure that gcc doesn't generate FPU instructions.

Sorry for bothering you, but I can't understand this.
Does this advice point "cross-compilation"?

man: GCC(1)
-msoft-float
Generate output containing library calls for floating point.  Warn-
ing: the requisite libraries are not available for all m68k tar-
gets.  Normally the facilities of the machine's usual C compiler
are used, but this can't be done directly in cross-compilation.
You must make your own arrangements to provide suitable library
functions for cross-compilation.  The embedded targets m68k-*-aout
and m68k-*-coff do provide software floating point support.

 >You must make your own arrangements to ...
How can I make it acutually?

Regards,
Kazu Inanaga