Subject: Re: favorite wm for the low end
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2006 15:09:22
Hi,

On 2006/12/08, at 1:38, <thelarsons3@cox.net> wrote:

> I like Blackbox.  It's minimal on screen (which is good when
> your monitor is 640x480 or maybe even less) and in resource usage
> (which is good whenyou've only got 16MiB and 20MHz).
[...]
> All these are available (for 2.1 or later) from my site.
> If anyone has experience with other wms, I'd love to hear them.

Many thanks to Tim and All.
I really enjoyed to look around cool X screens.

> PS I created a theme for Blackbox 0.70 that mac68k folks would
> probably appreciate.  It's at themes.freshmeat.net with many others.
> --
> Tim & Alethea

It was interesting to find out your screen. :)
http://themes.freshmeat.net/browse/1102/
It's so nice!  I like yours. Simple, stable, lightweight and
easy to setup are important for me.

On 2006/12/08, at 8:54, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Here's the one from my Mystic CC, running Blackbox:
>
> xmodmap -e "keysym Delete = BackSpace Delete"
>
> xscreensaver &
> sleep 5; aterm &
>
> exec blackbox || exec xterm -fg red
> #exec icewm-session || exec xterm -fg red
> #exec wmaker || exec xterm -fg red
> #exec startede || exec xterm -fg red
> #exec startxfce4 || exec xterm -fg red

"INSTALL" included Latinum-0.9 and this are helpful.
Blackbox runs on my Q800 now. Thanks a lot!
Last 4 lines are your histry? ;)

Now I'm going to re-set up xdm & netboot servers on 4.99.5.
I'll install blackbox70 on them. For xdmterminals, I'm still
looking for... maybe, I'll test every wm introduced here.

Regards,
Kazu Inanaga