Subject: Re: noncontingous DMA segments with mc0 at obio
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: None <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/2006 23:49:48
On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 11:28:25PM -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Honestly, I haven't had time to play with it much.  I boot it with a
> monitor attached, and I can see it boots fine.  Remove the monitor and
> hook it back to the network, and it seems not to work.  So an error in
> the onboard ethernet could be causing it.  I will have to check the
> dmesg the next time I have a chance.

Oh, that's almost certainly unrelated then. This problem has nothing to
do with whether a monitor is attached. I remember you mentioning this
problem now... someone else mentioned that NetBSD may have a problem
with the screen size that's reported when you don't have a monitor hooked
up--and that seems like a likely explanation to me. Serial console seems
like your best bet for figuring this one out. For example, if NetBSD
thinks your screen resolution is 0x0 when you don't have a monitor,
it's likely that the code that tries to write to the screen will crash.

If you can compile your own kernels, you might also try removing
the "intvid0 at obio?" and "macfb* at intvid?" lines from your kernel
configuration.