Subject: Re: noncontingous DMA segments with mc0 at obio
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/2006 23:28:25
khym@azeotrope.org wrote:
> I don't know; what problems are you having? If you get a message during
> boot about "mc0: receive DMA buffer not contiguous! Try compiling with
> "options MC_RXDMABUFS=2"", and the onboard ethernet doesn't work, then
> you've run into this problem. If not, then it's something unrelated.

Honestly, I haven't had time to play with it much.  I boot it with a
monitor attached, and I can see it boots fine.  Remove the monitor and
hook it back to the network, and it seems not to work.  So an error in
the onboard ethernet could be causing it.  I will have to check the
dmesg the next time I have a chance.

If it is in fact this problem, how do I go about reverting to 2.1?  Can
I simply reinstall the 2.1 kernel?  Is it better to completely reinstall
all the sets?

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea