Subject: Re: favorite wm for the low end
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/2006 22:42:52
At 15:19 Uhr -0600 10.12.2006, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>My favorite would be one that does a Mac-like shared menubar, but I
>don't know if one exists.

There is a wm that attempts to imitate a Macintosh look -- "mlvwm"? But...

>  I don't know if that's technically even
>possible with X.

The X window manager manages windows (including window decoration); it has
no hand in where&how an application draws its menus. You'd have to look
(and hack) into each and every X toolkit for that.

The situation is similar with Java where the application has to cooperate
to give you a global menu bar.

	hauke