Subject: Re: favorite wm for the low end
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/10/2006 15:40:02
On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 03:19:45PM -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> My favorite would be one that does a Mac-like shared menubar, but I
> don't know if one exists.  I don't know if that's technically even
> possible with X.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> It's possible I've asked about this before...I tend to forget things and
> repeat myself.  :)

There's mlvwm <http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~y-miyata/mlvwm.html>
(wm/mlvmw in pkgsrc), but it's been long enough since I tried it that I
don't remember if the menubar is actually shared as it is in MacOS. The
screenshot shows a menubar at the top of the screen, plus menubars in
each window, but the top-of-the-screen menubar matches the menubar of
the active window. It looks like it does change the shared menubar,
but it's unable to get rid of the per-window menubar.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 31 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++