Subject: Re: How to set up secure XDM ?
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/2006 22:20:41
Hi,

On 2006/12/06, at 8:27, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:

> Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
>
>> 2) I'd like to use other Window Manager instead of twm.
>>    Where is ".xsession"? How Can I make it?
>
> It's ~/.xsession.  Mine is actually a link to my ~/.xinitrc file.
> Just install the wm you want, and exec it from that file.  I can
> post what I have in mine, if that would help.
>

> Tim
> --
> Tim & Alethea
> christtrek.org

 >Mine is actually a link to my ~/.xinitrc file.
I see.  Yes, please when you have a free time.

My xdmsever is Quadra800 which has WindowMaker, it seems broken now.
I've just started cvs up pkgsrc for make install it again.
(so, I'm not in a hurry.)

I was confused in my last post. If I'd like to use icewm on
a xdmterminal, I should install and exec it on the xdmterminal,
not on the xdmserver, right?  (I'm very silly. :p)

To Tim and All:
What is your favorite window manager?
    WindowMaker is good for my Quadra, but I guess it's a little bit
    heavy for my '030 xdmterminals.

Is it possible to setup OSX(Darwin) for a xdmserver?

Arigatou (Thanks a lot), Tim-san.
Kazu Inanaga