Subject: Re: NetBSD-4 softfloat (was: Apache on Mac68k)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/2006 16:11:15
Hi,

On 2006/12/06, at 23:51, Bruce O'Neel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unless something has changed, you do a normal build.sh
> build but you set MKSOFTFLOAT=yes beforehand.

When I was a new, some members gave me advices "how to",
sorry I don't remember it clearly. Please teach me it again.
It was 2 points;

1) in /etc/mk.conf, add one line;
MKSOFTFLOAT=yes

2) in My kernel config file, add one line;
options       COPTS+=-msoft-float -02 -68030

I'm not sure about 2) "COPTS+".
1) Is this correct?
2) Where should I put it? In My kernel conf or in mk.conf?
3) Is it required not only building a kernel but also release?
4) Is it also work(required) for making packages?

If "YES" to 3) or 4), it should be put in mk.conf, ...?

> For those of you who want to play with the 68k systems,
> first, thanks, and second get something, anything, faster
> for building.
>
> It can be days to build stuff on a 68k system.  If you only
> will run apple hardware get some cheap G3 to run build.sh
> on.  Otherwise, if you can stand to see a x86 boot, intel
> systems run gcc very fast, and this makes build.sh
> run fast.
>
> cheers
>
> bruce

Yes, I think so. I got a cheap P.III box for Cross Compiling.
It's about 50 times faster than my fastest Quadra. It's very
useful especially for making a mac68k test kernel.

Thanks a lot,
Kazu Inanaga