Subject: Re: macbsd.com going away
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de>
From: None <mngrif@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/2006 17:01:30
On 12/4/06, Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de> wrote:
> At 15:14 Uhr -0800 2.12.2006, John Klos wrote:
> >> I'm going to let macbsd.com expire this year.  It's been used
> >> for pretty much nothing except spam lately.  If anyone would
> >> like to pick it up, let me know.
> >
> >I have a wonderful, decked out Mac Quadra 605 which is now (as of NetBSD
> >4.99.4) completely stable with a static IP which would be happy to host
> >macbsd.com. I'd even be happy to offer shell accounts to anyone who might
> >want to do any sort of work on an m68k NetBSD machine.
> >
> >I can take over domain domain registration, too, if you like.
>
> John,
>
> that's a generous offer.  :)
>
> It's a good thing that the name stays around, after being in so many
> archives. And although generating dynamic web content is more than a Quadra
> can offer, a central place to put mac68k related docs and patches is a good
> thing.
>
>         hauke
>
> --
> "It's never straight up and down"     (DEVO)

I personally have plenty of ideas for what such a site should/could be
about, and things can be dynamic and still ran on a Mac (think
compiled CGI, caching, or non-local SQL (or all three)), if running
the site on a mac is even a requirement. Infact, I'd even volunteer to
help run the site although my hosting abilities are more or less maxed
with the one site I do own and maintain (http://dnyde.net).

In short, I'll do what I can:
* HTML/script authorship
* Shell hosting (Centris 650 maxed RAM)
* Email hosting (I'll need help with this, but I have the server and
bandwidth for it)
* Moderation of forums or news
* CONTENT! I have a few old HOWTOs I should dig out and update.
* Server maintenance

Anything else? Just mail me! Definitely keep me in the loop though,
macbsd.com was one of the domains I tried to get back when I got
dnyde.net and I'd love to be a part of the "project" :)

 - Mike