Subject: Re: booting from a network
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/2006 10:10:37
>> >Booting...
>> >TFTP transfer  done
>> >transparent = 1
>> >Boot error: This kernel is not in a format which the booter can
>> execute.
>> >***** Boot Stopped. *****
>> >Restoring Monitor settings...
>> >Boot error: kernel_parse(COUNT_KERNEL) failed
>
> In the above case, TFTP transfer was 'not' done.

That is probably a bug I should fix in the Booter, then.
If I still remember how to build and test it :-)

> I also tried "floppy boot", but, my LC475 and Booter 2.0.1a6
> want some Open Transport Extensions. I can't make System Folder
> in a 2HD floppy disk.

I seem to remember an Apple minimal boot floppy that
had networking support in it, but that may have only
been AppleTalk, and not TCP/IP (Open Transport).

> Thanks so much to Nigel Pearson for kind advice,

You are very welcome, Inanaga-san.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16