Subject: Re: NetBSD-4 softfloat (was: Apache on Mac68k)
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: De Served <deserved@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2006 19:00:07
On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 10:46 -0800, John Klos wrote:
> > Barring that, has anyone had any luck installing NetBSD 3.1 on an LC III
> > with no FPU?  All of my attempts have failed at the disk partition and
> > format stage.  Has anyone compiled a 3.1 SoftFloat distribution yet?
>
> Regarding the installer issues, I'm not sure if they were fixed. You might
> need to install the sets manually.
>
> I've built softfloat sets for mac68k. Currently, m68030 softfloat sets are
> available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.ziaspace.com/pub/NetBSD/m68k/NetBSD-4_BETA2-030soft-mac68k/
>
> m68040 optimized softfloat binaries will shortly be available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.ziaspace.com/pub/NetBSD/m68k/NetBSD-4_BETA2-040soft-mac68k/
>
> Please try these out and let us know how they work. Also please let us
> know if the installer works.

I considered trying the NetBSD-4 BETA2-030soft-mac68k on my LC III, but
when I checked out the archives at the above address, I noticed that
there were no kernels included.  After I grabbed Perl from Tim's FTP
site, I decided to give 1.6.2 one more go.  So far everything appears to
be moving along quite nicely.

Also, which installer are you referring to?   I tried the installer
included with the 3.1 release, and it does not work on my LC III.  The
same installer works flawlessly on my Q700 however.

Thanks.