Subject: Re: Apache on Mac68k
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2006 13:04:44
De Served wrote:
> Has anyone had any success building Apache in NetBSD 1.6.2?   I have an
> old LC III that I have installed NetBSD 1.6.2 SoftFloat on, and I'm
> running into some dificulty getting Perl 5 to build -- Perl is required
> for Apache.

I believe I built Apache 2.x back in the 1.6.2 days.  (I ran my
webserver from my SE/30 for awhile and I think that was pre-2.)  It did
not require Perl.  It should still be at
christtrek.dyndns.org:8000/NetBSD somewhere.  Do you need a different
build for softfloat systems, though?  I've also built Perl successfully.
  My collections note if I had to do anything nonstandard during the
build process.

If you cannot upgrade to 3.x for some reason, 2.1 ran quite stable for
me for a long time.  Might give that a try.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org