Subject: Re: Apache on Mac68k
To: None <deserved@cogeco.ca>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2006 11:34:47
Hi,

Yes, I used to run Apache 1.3.x on NetBSD 1.6.2 on a Quadra 700 (but
with FPU, not softfloat).
Apache 1.3.x didn't require any Perl, I don't know if it's a new
requirement as of 2.2.x or 2.0.x.

In fact I not only installed Apache 1.3.x, but also PHP 4.3.x ! . And
it compiled and worked fine ! In fact I hosted some sort of "personal
blog" with a PHP-based CMS on the Quadra 700 :-)
And the speed of the website was really great, in fact the limit
factor was not the Quadra but my home DSL line...

Later I replaced Apache with thttpd, available at
http://www.acme.com/, which used considerably less RAM that Apache and
I had only 36MB + swap.

You have also other options, such as "cherokee", but requires POSIX
threads which are available on NetBSD >= 2.0 and not on NetBSD 1.6.2.

--

     -Marco