Subject: Re: How to set up secure XDM ?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2006 02:40:15
Hi,

On 2006/12/02, at 2:52, Noud deBrouwer wrote:
> Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>> This is actually my goal for my Mystic CC as well.  I thought it
>> would be a great little color X terminal.
>> Tim
> <first thought> still is.
> <second thought> whooow .. them go fast ;)
> --N

Yes, I think XDM is one of the good use for little '030s.

As you all know, 8 bit grey X screen is beautiful.
I'm a photographer, I have a lot of monochrome negative films.
If I could see them on my favolite '030, I'd be happy.

....Of course I use Photoshop and G5 for my professional works,
I ask myself, what is the most important in using a computer ?
I've not got the answer yet, but I know NetBSD/mac68k is not
just a tool for me.

By the way, have you already tried Hauke Fath's XDM setting ?
"Setting up the X Display Manager on NetBSD/mac68k"
http://la.causeuse.org/hauke/macbsd/xdm/

It may be very nice for me (us).

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga