Subject: Re: How to set up secure XDM ?
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Noud deBrouwer <noud4@home.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/02/2006 17:58:59
--------------080508090001040904050001

Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2006/12/02, at 2:52, Noud deBrouwer wrote:
>
>> Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>>
>>> This is actually my goal for my Mystic CC as well.  I thought it
>>> would be a great little color X terminal.
>>> Tim
>>
>> <first thought> still is.
>> <second thought> whooow .. them go fast ;)
>> --N
>

> Yes, I think XDM is one of the good use for little '030s.
>
> As you all know, 8 bit grey X screen is beautiful.
> I'm a photographer, I have a lot of monochrome negative films.

i'm (MSE/ing.) Informaticus/Software Engineer .. ;) ..
luckely i don't have _that_ many negatives.. though i did hear..years
ago whilst working at the local Macintosch Dealer .. those _are_ in
color..it was even possible to buy a plug-on-card.

> If I could see them on my favolite '030, I'd be happy.

well..that doens't sound as a supprise to me ;) ..

> ....Of course I use Photoshop and G5 for my professional works,

brrrr.. use Gimp.org or pkgsrc/graphics/gimp ..much beter cause it
's open source ;) ..
o btw .. the G5 does NetBSD to, see
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/ports-macppc
http://mail-index.netbsd.org
hope i'm right in the URL.

> I ask myself, what is the most important in using a computer ?

getting extra capacity.

> I've not got the answer yet, but I know NetBSD/mac68k is not
> just a tool for me.

interesting

> By the way, have you already tried Hauke Fath's XDM setting ?

why should we??

> "Setting up the X Display Manager on NetBSD/mac68k"
> http://la.causeuse.org/hauke/macbsd/xdm/
>
> It may be very nice for me (us).

mmm.you've got an extra in ;)

> Thanks,