Subject: Re: Kernel panic at reboot on 030s
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/2006 03:34:31
On 2006/11/17, at 12:30, I wrote:
> So, can I say "Our all '030s get panic at reboot in NetBSD-3.1,
>
>    How about IIci ?
>    Does anyone know "my '030 can reboot without panic" ?

I installed NetBSD-3.1(GENERICSBC) to 2 IIcis. They work fine,
but get panic at reboot, same as "NetBSD Problem Report #35068".

It seems that GENERIC kernel works on IIci (with DiiMO, not well
tested), GENERIC kernel get same panic at reboot on IIci, too.

E-Machines Futura II LX (NuBus video card) works at 16 bit
mode (Thousands of colors) on IIci / NetBSD-3.1 X.
(Futura II LX does not work on Quadra700 at 16 bit mode.)

'030 accelerator with IIci / NetBSD-3.1
1) Daystar 50MHz / Power Central /
    onBoard Video
       PowerCache ON:  Freeze at the line wsmouse0 ... in the Boot
sequence.
       PowerCache OFF: OK

2) DiiMO 50MHz / DiiMO 030 /
    with Futura II LX
       Cache ON:       panic: cnopen: no console device
       Cache OFF:      OK
    onBoard Video
       Cache ON:       OK

Apple cache card      No problem found

 >panic: cnopen: no console device
I've seen this panic on LC ('020) with '030 accelerator.
It appears sometimes on the accelerated machines.

NetBSD-3.1 is good for IIci, 4.0 release will come soon ?

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga