Subject: Re: can't boot w/o monitor
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2006 22:48:35
At 15:22 Uhr -0600 19.11.2006, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>Now a separate problem.  I did all those needed steps, but now I can't
>seem to get a correct boot without a monitor attached.

My Quadra 650 defaults to

intvid0 at obio0 @ f9001000: DAFB video subsystem, monitor sense 0
intvid0: 32 x 32, monochrome
macfb0 at intvid0

when it boots to serial console without a monitor attached. In your case,
the kernel may decide that a 32x32 pixel screen won't do for a console, and
panic.

Apart from using a serial console, you could either pick up an apple-to-vga
adapter with dip switches, prepare a 15 pin SUB-D plug with the appropriate
wire bridge for your preferred screen resolution, or use a paper clip.

	hauke