Subject: Re: can't boot w/o monitor (Re: login error after 3.1 upgrade)
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de>
From: None <mngrif@gmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2006 15:32:05
On 11/19/06, Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de> wrote:
> At 15:22 Uhr -0600 19.11.2006, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
>
> [Headless Mac]
>
> >I heard the startup chime, the drive spinup for MacOS, a pause about as
> >long as the delay I've got in Booter, and then another round of disk
> >activity as NetBSD boots.  But no matter how long I wait, I cannot
> >connect by telnet nor ssh as I could before.  The address isn't even
> >pingable.
>
> Try a serial console to see how far it gets?
>
>         hauke
>
> --
> "It's never straight up and down"     (DEVO)

There's a local Mom & Pop computer shop where I live that sells mac
style monitor adapters to fit a normal PC style CRT, if the lack of a
mac style monitor is what's hurting things. I know that they're easier
to get/make than a DB8 (or whatever they're called) > DIN9 adapter.
The shop sells them for $4 or so, perhaps check ebay since the shop
owner sells his junk there too.

- mngrif