Subject: can't boot w/o monitor (Re: login error after 3.1 upgrade)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2006 15:22:42
Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Upgraded my Q840 from 2.1 to 3.1.  Unpacked kernel, rebooted, unpacked
> base, comp, man, text, and xcomp, rebooted.  Now I cannot login.  I get
> this after entering a username:

Now a separate problem.  I did all those needed steps, but now I can't
seem to get a correct boot without a monitor attached.  This box used to
run fine as a server; I only connected the monitor to diagnose the
problem with the upgrade.

I heard the startup chime, the drive spinup for MacOS, a pause about as
long as the delay I've got in Booter, and then another round of disk
activity as NetBSD boots.  But no matter how long I wait, I cannot
connect by telnet nor ssh as I could before.  The address isn't even
pingable.  I guess I'll have to go back and read every line of the
INSTALL file to see if there's any networking changes.

Certainly been an interesting upgrade so far.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org