Subject: Re: login error after 3.1 upgrade
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: None <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/2006 23:22:39
On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 09:20:40PM -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Upgraded my Q840 from 2.1 to 3.1.  Unpacked kernel, rebooted, unpacked
> base, comp, man, text, and xcomp, rebooted.  Now I cannot login.  I get
> this after entering a username:
>
> schroeder login: in openpam_configure(): No required or binding
> component in service login, facility auth
> login: pam_start failed
> schroeder login: pam_start failed: system error
>
> Any ideas?

Sounds like you also need to update your /etc. postinstall will do it for
you--boot into single-user mode, mount your filesystems read-write, unpack
the etc.tgz from 3.1 into a temporary directory, then run
postinstall -s /path/to/temporarydir -d / fix
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 30 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++