Subject: State of FPE, was: how's 3.1?
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/2006 19:52:57
At 7:16 Uhr +0100 13.11.2006, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
>> http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=18161
>>
>> is still an issue...
>
>Yes, my FPU-less 030s say so...
>
>I've recently come back to the NetBSD world after a long absence,
>so I'm not sure what's going on NetBSD/mac68k now.
>I read some, they say, "FPE is fully suported in NetBSD-3".
>Am I mis-understanding ?

This probably means that no-one gave the release proper testing on those
machines in time for the release, and no-one bothered to file a PR since.

My understanding is that a functional FPE is impossible for at least some
mask revisions of the 68LC040, but that FPUless 68030 machines were
properly supported for quite some time (1.4? 1.5?).

Here, the only FPUless machines are a Duo 280 and a LC475, so I never cared
about the FPE. I've got more IIsi FPU cards than IIsi machines.  ;)

The code may have bit-rotted. What is the current situation on the other
m68k ports?

	hauke