Subject: Re: how's 3.1?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/2006 15:16:42
Hi,

On 2006/11/12, at 9:23, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Hmmm - so
>
> http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=18161
>
> is still an issue...

Yes, my FPU-less 030s say so...

I've recently come back to the NetBSD world after a long absence,
so I'm not sure what's going on NetBSD/mac68k now.
I read some, they say,
"FPE is fully suported in NetBSD-3".
Am I mis-understanding ?

I read "Problem Report #18161". Thanks.

> Duo230 (68030, no fpu)
> PowerBook520 (68LC040)
> PowerBook165 (68030, no fpu)
> LC475 (68LC040)
> LCIII+ (68030, no fpu)

I have those 030s which are(were) installed NetBSD-1.6x with the
instkernel made by Bruce O'Neel, Takeshi Shibagaki, Takeo Kuwata,
or Hiroshi Noguchi.

NetBSD-3.1 GENERICSBC is installed on my Duo230 with Bruce O'Neel's
latest instkernel. (Thanks a lot to Bruce ! )
Installation is finished, but 3.1 GENERICSBC does't run properly on it,
it's same as 1.6.

If you need more info how NetBSD-3 runs on them, please tell me.

Regards,
Kazu Inanaga