Subject: Re: how's 3.1?
To: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/2006 03:24:23
On 2006/11/12, at 2:34, Marco Trillo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 11/11/06, Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
>>   I'm using the Xmac68k_color with the X11 sets from the NetBSD 3.1
>> sets.
>
> The problem is that the Xmac68k_color server has been built a long
> time ago (in 2002, it appears) using the NetBSD 1.6 X11 distribution,
> so some messages in the list suggest to use the X11 sets from NetBSD
> 1.6 to use the color X server without trouble.
>

>     -Marco

Thanks again. I understand it more clearly now.

Just one thing I wonder is, ColorX / WindowMaker is also running
on my Quadra800 (NetBSD 4.99.3) without any trouble.
I don't remember which version of X sets is installed, :p I think
it is not from 1.6X binary sets, maybe..

... I also don't know the merit to use 3.1 X binary sets, I just
like "new" :)

On 2006/11/08, at 18:48, Marco Trillo wrote:

> You could add the Links2 browser too, it has a nice and lightweight
> X-based graphical mode (links -g) which doesn't require any "toolkit"
> like GTK or so (it requires LibPNG and such libraries for displaying
> graphics).

Thanks for the info about Links2 browser.
I'm excited to see how it works on my new ColorX :)

Regards,
Kazu Inanaga