Subject: Re: ftp server for 3.0.1
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Wolf <aw@seqlab.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/2006 15:27:26
...how embarracing. Thank you Bruce, Johny, and Gene for being patient
with stupid newbies. Actually I thought there might be a build-in
ftp-service. Then I heard about rc.config being the central switch for
all kind of services, including TCP/IP stuff. That way I was able to
activate the ssh server with a simple "sshd=YES" and use a terminal
window on OSX to administer the Quadra (The big advantage is that my
keyboard layout is correct - I couldn't fix that on the Quadra). So I
looked through the whole rc.config but couldn't find a line in the
default file that stated "ftpd=NO". Also, there was no ftpd.conf or
similar in /etc. Therefore I was assuming that I had to install some
extra package... Oh well, now that I discovered inetd.conf everything
will be fine, hopefully.

Thanks again, Andreas