Subject: Re: 3.0.1 SE/30 & IIci init problem
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <netbsd@bsdjournal.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/2006 15:02:36
On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 11:57:33AM -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> Well, I attempted using single user mode which did not work. It still
> mounts read-only and I cannot use mount -rw /. I get the following
> message:
>
> mount: /: unknown special file or file system

Try
	mount -u /dev/sd0a /

The "special file or file system" in this case is your root partition,
or /dev/sd0a.  Where you want it mounted in /.  -u says to update the
mount.  I believe that the default is read/write, but if you need to,
add "-w".  NetBSD has no "-rw" option--"-r" means read-only.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com