Subject: Re: 1.6 install error, Mystic CC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/27/2006 20:33:52
thelarsons3@cox.net wrote:
> Just attempted an install on my newly-upgraded CC (575 mobo with full 68040), and got a kernel panic due to a bus error.  I've run the installer kernel from HD and CD.  Also as Booter finished launching BSD (with the kernel on HD) the CD ejected, which I don't think has happened to me before.  I've tried the SBC kernel too.  Who knows, maybe I'll end up trying the Mac-side installer now.
[snip]
> mrg: 'Performa 580 ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
[snip]

Turns out the solution was in the list archives!  The line above should
have tipped me off.  To get the 575/Mystic mobo to boot correctly, you
need to change the ID of the machine from 99 to 92 in the Booter prefs.
  Oddly, but fortunately, the Apple NIC that was giving me problems with
the original CC mobo (reported some weeks ago on this list) seems to
work fine now.

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea