Subject: 1.6 install error, Mystic CC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/2006 08:53:01
Just attempted an install on my newly-upgraded CC (575 mobo with full 68040), and got a kernel panic due to a bus error.  I've run the installer kernel from HD and CD.  Also as Booter finished launching BSD (with the kernel on HD) the CD ejected, which I don't think has happened to me before.  I've tried the SBC kernel too.  Who knows, maybe I'll end up trying the Mac-side installer now.

My plan was to install a minimal 1.6 (last series with working sysinst, yes?) then immediately upgrade to 2.1 since I haven't seen any SCSI issues with it that others have reported.  Has anyone used the Mac-side installer with 2.x?

total memory = 36864 KB
avail memory = 29056 KB
using 486 buffers containing 1944 KB of memory
mrg: 'Performa 580 ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
mrg: I/O map kludge for ROMs that use hardware addresses directly.
mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at mainbus0
esp0 at obio0 (quick): address 0x8b0000: NCR53C96, 16 MHz, SCSI ID 7
scsibus0 at esp0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
trap type 0, code = 0xa5, v = 0x64d018
kernel program counter = 0x17044
kernel: Bus error trap
pid = 0, pc = 00017044, ps = 2708, sfc = 1, dfc = 1
(If someone was interested in the registers and stack - sorry.)
panic: Bus error
Stopped in pid 0 (swapper) at cpu_Debugger+0x6:      unlk       a6

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim & Alethea