Subject: Re: 2.1 Softfloat
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/2005 22:06:02
On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 15:11 +0000, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For assorted reasons it's been a while since I've heavily used
> Mac68k systems under netbsd.  This weekend though I was at a
> conference and took my powerbook 540, and, kept it
> runnig all weekend as long as I had a plug to plug into.
>
> Basically it worked very well under pretty heavy load.

I'm in the middle of an Afterstep build on my LC575 right now.  It's a
nice little machine -- zippy.  I'm thinking that if I don't get my 950
up and running soon, I might swap the full 040 from the 950 into the
575.

I'm pretty much moving to open source *nix and software exclusively.
I'm actually typing this from Evolution on my beige G3 Linux box.  Man,
I really gotta get NetBSD running on one of these things. ;)

Regards,

William

Oh, by the way, does anybody know of any RAM anomalies with the LC575?
My LC575 absolutely refuses to accept any SIMM that is larger than 8MB.
I have no idea why; this machine is supposed to be capable of supporting
up to 32MB SIMMs.  Anything over an 8MB SIMM produces the dreaded chimes
of death at startup.  Strange!  Very strange!