Subject: Re: 2.1 softfloat and color X on an LCIII
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2005 09:10:38
> From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
> Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:00:14 -0600
> To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: 2.1 softfloat and color X on an LCIII
>
> William Duke wrote:
>> I prefer to use X whenever I can.  I like Aterm, so I like to do all of my
>> stuff in an Aterm window in X.  Besides, having several Aterm windows open
>> at once is much nicer than switching between virtual environments on the
>> console.
>
> I use aterm also.  I haven't been able to get the shaded transparency to
> work on NetBSD yet though.

That's the ball that I have my eye on, too.   I dunno if the 68k machines
have the horsepower to render transparent aterm windows, but there's no harm
in trying.   I want to get a build of dillo running on my LCIII too.

What are you using for an email client on your 68k?  I want to get dillo and
a decent email client running on my little LCIII, so I can put it in my
bedroom.   I don't want a big honking box in my bedroom, just a cute lil'
LCIII.