Subject: Re: Installing KDE on quadra650
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Findlay <xtarutaru@netscape.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/2005 09:20:18
The only reason im installing kde.... is.... duh.... i dont know :)
its mainly to prove i can, and to install other X stuff that im to lazy
to install individually.
Ill try XFCE as well, ive still got about 2gigs of HD left.

thelarsons3@cox.net wrote:

> Chuck Findlay wrote:
>
>> Just thought id let everyone know, im trying to install kde on my
>> quadra650
>

> Because you really want KDE, or because you want _a_ DE?  I'd
> recommend XFCE if you really must have a DE, it's supposed to be the
> most lightweight option.  KDE or GNOME may be an exercise in
> frustration at 33MHz and low RAM.
>
> Tim

Low ram? ive got 50mbs, probaly not enough for KDE or GNOME, but enough
to keep gcc happy, w/o thrashing HD.