Subject: Re: KDE or GNOME on a Quadra @ 25MHZ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/2005 06:20:25
Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:49:46 -0500
> Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>LOL!  I've wanted to do this, just for giggles, and to get a screenshot
>>to show I did it.  It would be nightmarishly slow.  I've run iceWM (a
>>very lightweight wm) on 68k, which is tolerable.  I couldn't get
>>Blackbox to install or compile correctly on my box.
>
> I got blackbox working (and didn't have any problem in building it, IIRC),
> but any time I moved a window off screen (through the bottom border), it
> segfaulted (or maybe it just quit, can't remember).

I recently tried Blackbox (0.70.1) again, building under 2.0.2 using the
gcc 3.3.3 compiler, and it completed successfully.  I'll have to give it
a spin to see if I run into any glitches.  I couldn't get all the
utility apps to build with gcc 2.95 under 1.6.2 - the maintainer thinks
the old gcc may be the problem.

Tim
--
Tim & Alethea