Subject: 2.1 softfloat and color X on an LCIII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@hjomail.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/2005 21:38:56
Hi,

   following Bruce O'Neel's instructions, I managed to get NetBSD 2.1
softfloat and X11 1.62 running together with the color X server that I
found at
<ftp://ftp.ziaspace.com/pub/NetBSD/m68k/NetBSD-2.1-mac68ksoftfloat>. As has
been mentioned here before, the colors look a bit "funny," but -- it works.
:-)

   The computer is an FPU-less Performa 450 / LCIII, with 36 MB of RAM. I
let the Installer do all the work, and only had to move the color server
into /user/X11R6/bin, and softlink it to X. No problems at all, so far.

Thanks!
--
/Bjarne.