Subject: Re: Color X Server for NetBSD 2.0.2
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/2005 19:29:38
Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Doh!  I was looking in the 1.6.x version dirs, not the arch/mac68k dir.
>  Thanks a bunch!
>
> I'm still having a problem getting the 1-bit server to work.  (Then I'll
> try the color server.)  It complains about not finding libXext.so.6 and
> libSM.so.6 even after I've verified that they exist.

I discovered the problem: the X library path wasn't in ld.so.conf.  I
added that and X launched fine, both 1-bit and color.  Though the colors
seem wacky even with just an aterm window open, but I guess that's to be
expected?

What keys do I use to emulate buttons 2 and 3?  I don't want to have to
kill the X process from a shell to get out.  I'll be trying my 3-button
mouse soon.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea