Subject: Re: Color X Server for NetBSD 2.0.2
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Justin Fielke <jus@marinahome.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/28/2005 06:34:08
Thanks Guys,
chmod a+x Xmac68k_color  worked. Hooray!
Startx is now opening X in 8bit.

So to sum up for the record I am currently using NetBSD 1.6.2 on a color
Classic Mystic, Machine ID in the Boot App is 92, the Mac colors are set to
256 prior to booting into NetBSD and the following steps were used to to run
Color X:

Backup up the the original X server in the /usr/X11R6/bin directory
  cd /usr/X11R6/bin
  mv Xmac68k Xmac68k_BW

Downloaded Color X from
ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/contrib/Xmac68kColor/Xmac_68k_color.b2
z and Bunzip2 the file in /usr/X11R6/bin directory

 rm X
 chmod a+x Xmac_68k_color
 ln -s Xmac_68k_color X
 startx

Thanks for all your help. I will have to try similar steps with the latest
version of NetBSD a bit later and see how I go.

Cheers
Justin