Subject: Re: Color X Server for NetBSD 2.0.2
To: Marina Fielke <marina@marinahome.com.au>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/2005 08:19:17
Hi,

(Keep in mind that this is all from memory).

Ok, you can try the Xmac68k_color.bz2 server from ftp.netbsd.org.
Put it in /usr/X11R6/bin and then make the link from /usr/X11R6/bin/X to the
Xmac68k_color.

My memory says that this works ok for the 1.6 series and doesn't work for the
2.0 series since mac68k changed to XFree.  If X works for you then all is done.

If X doesn't work then you can:

mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6.2.0

get all the files x* in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.2/mac68k/binary/sets/.

as root

cd /

tar xzvpf each_x*_tgz_file

try X again.  Does it work?  If so, put Xmac68k_color in /usr/X11R6/bin and
make the link so that /usr/X11R6/bin/X points to Xmac68k_color.

Try X again.  Color X should work.

The softfloat build should work on a full 040, but it's kind of pointless.

cheers

bruce

--
edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org