Subject: problems installing NetBSD 2.0.2 on Quadra 800
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/2005 18:47:51
I am trying to install NetBSD 2.0.2 on a Quadra 800. I have installed
two SCSI disks, booting from ID#1 which contains MacOS. I'm then using
the BSD Booter to boot the 2.0.2 INSTALL-kernel.gz.
Everything goes fine at first. However, it seems like the installer does
not mount the NetBSD root partition (which I chose to be sd0a)
regardless whether I create a new partition or use the existing one.
I can manually newfs, fsck_ffs, and mount /dev/ds0a.
Since sd0a is not mounted, the installer halts in the midst of
downloading the kernel archive since the local disk (RAM disk) is full.
Any idea what is going wrong? (please CC me on any reponse, thanks)

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de     +49 178 8545053