Subject: Re: How to differentiate a full 68040 from an LC one?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/2005 20:53:07
At 16:02 Uhr +0000 24.5.2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>Do you know of any specific details that differentiate them?  For
>example, two 68LC040 I've seen don't have a heatsink, while that one
>does...

While your guess is as good as mine - I'd expect a 68040 with a heatsink to
be a 'full' cpu. Talking about Apples, my Quadra 700s have heatsinks for
their cpus (25 MHz), the Quadra 650 came without one (33 MHz) and the
Quadra 610 I got for my sister also had none (LC, 25 MHz).

What do they cost, btw? I put a i486 cooler on the Quadra 650's cpu when I
pushed it to 40 MHz, but I'd rather go with a passive cooler if they were
available.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign