Subject: Re: Ye Olde Floppy Trouble...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Fr=F6hlich?= <phf@cs.ucr.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/2005 20:04:35
Hi all,

On May 19, 2005, at 19:28, Donald Lee wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong.  I thought Mac OS X didn't support floppies
> at all.
> That implies to me that even USB floppies may be mishandled under Mac
> OS X.

This is getting very off-topic. Once I hooked up the drive and popped
in a disk, I got a nice floppy icon on my desktop. Info showed it as a
floppy as well. And obviously I could write stuff to it, just not using
Disk Utility. :-/ I guess I'll try again tomorrow and use a low-level
tool this time. Some websites suggest dd which I have never used
before, but we'll see.

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich <><><><><><> http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~phf/