Subject: Re: Ye Olde Floppy Trouble...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Fr=F6hlich?= <phf@cs.ucr.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/2005 15:57:10
Hi all,

On May 19, 2005, at 11:55, Hauke Fath wrote:

> The DiskCopy that came with System 9 can probably do a better job
> writing
> the floppy images. 6.1.3 was the last version, it should be available
> somewhere on ftp.apple.com.

Would be nice if I could use that. I have 10.3 (no classic), and I have
7.1 on the Mac I am trying to "play" with.

> You don't generally write any 'boot sectors' on a Macintosh manually.
> The
> system installer creates bootable floppies on demand.

The NetBSD installer? Yes, again that would be great, but I was trying
to find out if there's any way I could "fake" boot sectors using just
the 7.1 Mac, just to see if I can make those floppies boot. What would
I run the NetBSD installer on right now? I can't even partition the
drive in the Mac without having a boot floppy to run the Disk Utility
from.

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich <><><><><><> http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~phf/